Laila: A Life in Progress

This Blog contain the rantings of a cute,but crazy black woman. Come along for the ride, suspend your belief in reality; come peek into life as I see it. Who knows you might enjoy yourself.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's All her Fault......

Was it her fiery auburn hair . Was her beautifully exotic South African accent. Was it her incredible wit and intelligence. Or was it her daffy sense of humor.
I just absolutely adore my fabulous (HA! TAKE THAT LOW SELF ESTEEM!!) Red-headed South African princess. Everybody fucking loves that girl . Sweetie Dahling you rule! For those of you who don't know about my favorite girl Red,
her story goes like this......
Baby Diva in training Miss Red.... A young budding journalist leaves her home in South Africa to seek her fortune in the United States. While working as a nanny for wealthy family in Washington D.C., Red was plunged into the world of the politics and scandal. After her Pulitzer Prize winning expose' entitled "NannyGate"; Red became the toast of the town. But, at the height of her creative period she dropped out of sight. Red settled down with The Boy in the quiet little section of Baltimore City called Upper Hampden Hon. Red spent the next six years living as a pampered Diva in Baltimore. Red began to grow weary of her life as a society page matron . Red's only creative outlet was tending to her fabulous blog, in which her readers literally hung on her every word. Red has decided to give up her lavish pampered American lifestyle to go back to work. Red has decided to return to her native South Africa to write the Great American novel. Red has been offered a huge advance from South Africa's largest publishing house. If the popularity of her blog is any indication of booksales,then she should achieve world domination within 90 days of the it's initial sale date. Bong!!!
As we met for dinner that night, I could tell that there was something she hesitated to tell.But before the night was over, much alcohol was consumed and many of secrets were shared.
Remember all men especially American men want to be the first to put a flag on the moon. And I guess the Amish boy has a better ass than you. While we were out painting the town hot pink. My Dahling Red was collecting marriage proposals and free drinks from every eligible bachelor in the room. You go girl....... I'm surprised that I made it to work on time the next morning. I guess it was a good thing that Jesus can drive faster than the police. I really hope that by some miracle that you were able to stay for my birthday party. Twenty of my best friends touring the festive pubs in Baltimore. You know that you want to stay for all of the mayhem. But don't let me be the one that tempts you in to not returning to your home land. Please take back with you the joy and love that you have brought to the lives of so many around the world. Write that kick ass book. Make that money girl. And I'll see you in Johannesburg in June.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely work of fiction you have here, Bookstorediva Dahling! So convincing, I ALMOST believe(d)you!

    Now, please. Enough with this fictitious nonsense and go back to writing what we all want to read about, which is YOU-HOO!

    Love you muchas and thank you for another deelightful night on the town last night!!! I'm still gathering my faculties...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home