Laila: A Life in Progress

This Blog contain the rantings of a cute,but crazy black woman. Come along for the ride, suspend your belief in reality; come peek into life as I see it. Who knows you might enjoy yourself.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's All her Fault......Part Deux

Time away from my barstool.......

My darling Red has tagged me to do this thing....
Which keeps away from by beloved barstool.
So instead I'll consult another muse "Orange Kush". I stopped by my cousin Troy's house to pick up a 1/4 oz of the of this muse.
Nice... So, I 'm feeling really nice right about now. I whatever happens next is anybody's guess.

Ten Years Ago:

I had an epiphany, I wanted to save the world. I decided that I didn't want to return to the IRS after my maternity leave was over. Accounting was not a really a noble profession. I wanted to leave my mark on the world. Help change society. I wanted to be a doctor. So I went back to college to study biology/pre-med.Of course Jason was pissed off. He had to pay for me to go back to college. Which was only fair since I put him through grad school. The ironic thing is that in undergrad I had taken the minimum requirements of math & science to get my degree. Not only was a full-time college student. I was a wife . I had finally had a successful pregnancy and a happy healthy baby Joy. And a bartender at the big catering house, Westwinds. No ofcourse I didn't sleep. I can sleep when I'm dead.

Five Years Ago

Jason and I were in the middle of a very ugly divorce.Our marriage basically ended when Joy was diagnosed with leukemia .By the time she lost her battle with the disease, Jason and I weren't even on speaking terms. I spent the next year at home in bed. Marnie moved in with me, to help take care of things ,because the family was worried about me.I decided to take a job waitressing at a Sports Bar on the other side of the county. It's cool for now until I figure out what I want to do with my life. And it's near the gym I had just joined. The money is really good. And there are some really cute guys I work with. There's one in particular that I like, his name is Dylan.

One Year Ago

I took a job in hell. I am AR rep for medical billing company. And my part time job is BookStoreDiva at the Mega Bookstore,Downtown Location. I hate all people equally. My Boss,Suezilla The Gate keeper to hell is a bitch. I wish death on her everyday of my life. And at the Mega Bookstore,there is a new Store Manager. We call her the Stewardess,because she reminds you of a flight attendant on prozac. I tell you what ever she's on I want some of that shit. And just to let you know; I hate doctors, their patients and their insurance companies. What the hell was I thinking 10 years ago.

5 Yummy Things

1) The love of my life;my doggie CoCo.

2) Breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.

3)Godiva hot chocolate with a shot of Godiva Liquor.

4)Eggplant Parmesan from Sabatino's.

5) Sunsets in Jamaica.

5 Songs I know by heart.

1) Here we go (Minnie Ripperton) .

2) Human Nature (Madonna) "And I'm not sorry, (I'm not sorry) it's human nature(it's human nature) And I'm not sorry,I'm not your bitch don't blame your shit on me!!!" Madonna is such a Bad-ass.

3) Waterloo (Abba). I loved the movie Muriel's Wedding.

4) My First, My Last ,My Everything (Barry White) My wedding song; for my next husband.

5)Friends in low places (Garth Brooks) Because sometimes I am the friend in low places.

5 Things I'd do with a LOT of Money

1) Buy a Summer home in Amsterdam.

2) Start a sanctuary for homeless dogs.

3) Buy my own private island, so that all of my friends could party whenever they want to.

4) Take care of my friends & relatives( the ones that I like).

5) Travel all over the world.

5 Things I Will NEVER Wear.

1) A Thong- I tried it once but it got lost under my belly.

2)A Bikini- If I won't wear a thong, I damn sure ain't trying to put my fat ass in one of those things.

3)A tube top or halter- I have matronly upper arms. And woman like myself should never leave the house without a bra. Case closed.

4)A Cat suit,unless my head can be transplanted onto Halle Berry's body.

5) Any thing that doesn't look good on my body.

5 TV shows That I LOVE.

1)Absolutely Fabulous. Sweetie Dahling; I am Patsy.

2)Taxi. Favorite episode. What does the yellow light mean ? Slow down. What* does* the* yellow*light mean? SLOW DOWN .What**** Does **** The**** Yellow****Light**** Mean?

3)Coupling.

4)Black Adder.

5)The Muppet Show. It's not easy being green.

5 Things I enjoy doing

1) Absolutely Nothing. I like being a couch potato.

2)Music. Listening, playing,enjoying etc...

3) Being with my friends.

4)Happy Hour.

5)Mary Jane

Sorry possums I don't know 5 people that I want to inflict this on,every other blog that I read, has already taken part.

Happy Thanksgiving

Laila

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweetie-dahling! I LOVE your lists! Thank you for doing it. Was fun, yes?

    Where are you and why the hell'd you ignore my call?!? (Screw Madonna! See who's a bad ass now? Hell hath no fury like a woman ignored!)

    I'm still alone (no Orange Kush to keep ME company!), and since I'm rapidly running out of weekends, don't you think we should do something tonight?

    If you already have other plans (like work), cancel it.

    xxx Red Dahling (aka EDDIE!)

    P.S. No, I don't write comments on my own blog. That's another Red. (Or a more creative than usual spammer... I haven't quite decided yet.)

    P.P.S. How's your car?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home