Laila: A Life in Progress

This Blog contain the rantings of a cute,but crazy black woman. Come along for the ride, suspend your belief in reality; come peek into life as I see it. Who knows you might enjoy yourself.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Satan has just left the building....

It seems that no matter where you work,there is always that one miserable old bitch. You know the one that I'm talking about. She's the reason you've used up all of your sick leave before April fools day. I think we'll call her Brandy,and No she ain't a fine girl. First of all, I would like to give all honor and glory to the baby Jesus for adding this little special something to my Easter basket. Now back to the story...
Since I happened to work every blessed holiday at the mega bookstore. Yes, I am still there, Thank you very much. I requested to be off this Easter. I was awakened by the unwelcomed sound of a phone ringing at the ungodly hour of 1 pm. I thought that this had better be damned good,to interrupt my self induced coma. Little did I know that I was about to get the best news I have yet to get all year. It was Gigi calling to see what part did I play in Brandy quitting the night before. Great day in the morning, my prayers have been answered.Wait a minute,is this some kind of cruel belated April Fools joke? It has to be.
So as my feeble little mind tries to process the information,all I could do was giggle. And giggle, and giggle some more. Alright let's not get our hopes up so early in the morning. After all I did work with the old cow the night before and she gave no clue that she was about to just quit after almost 20 years with the company. I needed proof. But ofcourse with everything in that damned place, being such a big secret (it's books & coffee for godsakes). I was told by the MOD that we shouldn't gossip. HELLO... Have you met me? Besides,it's only gossip if it's not true. But she confirmed it. "Brandy resigned last night at the end of her shift and that she will no longer be working for the company." Satan has officially left the building. Thank you Baby Jesus for adding this to my Easter basket.
So what's a girl to do ? Well, if you were me, you would email and text every coworker past and present to share the good news. So your asking what happened? It seems that the miserable old cow,was on the bad side of almost everyone in the company. And they were just waiting for something to nail her on, w/o the threat of a lawsuit on her part. Can you believe that she fucking left the front door of the store unlocked overnight during a holiday weekend. And that's what did it. She resigned before they could fire her. And the crowd goes wild. I don't wish any ill on her,(you know the whole karma thing) but it was time for her to move on. Ding Dong the witch the is dead... And just think, I'm not going to get the chance to drown her in the harbor. Oh well.

Laila

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home