Laila: A Life in Progress

This Blog contain the rantings of a cute,but crazy black woman. Come along for the ride, suspend your belief in reality; come peek into life as I see it. Who knows you might enjoy yourself.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My Return to Hell

Well It's Monday again.How the hell does the weekend go so damn fast? One minute it is 5pm Friday afternoon and I'm flying down the expressway,singing & dancing in my car,fullof glee. That's right I used the word Glee! Get over it. And now it's Monday AGAIN ! It is truly my return to hell. As with every Monday, I have to debate on whether I'm actually going to get out of bed.I have to coax myself from the bed,to the bathroom...etc.to the car. The hardest thing is to make it to the car.Once I have made it that far,I am almost guaranteed arrival at the pit of despair.Ofcourse barring no horrible accidents on the expressway.Which I should be so lucky. I believe that my cubicle is my penance for having had a good time in some past life or last weekend. Friday ,like almost everyday of the week, I pick up Marnie at the metro station nearest to our house.Godforbid that lazy heifer should drive any farther than the neighborhood liquor store.Living with Marnie is sometimes like a scene out of Driving Miss Daisy.
The last time I left the car with her (we share my car) was last month when I went to New York for the weekend.
She picked me up from the metro station,because she refused to drive downtown to the greyhound station. This actually was a blessing. She showed up drunk, I didn't notice when I first got into the car, but on the 5 minute drive home,she was bobbing and weaving all over the damn road. So now Miss Daisy is not allowed to drive any further than a two mile radius..ie the liquor store. Friday night was quiet, after stopping at the liquor store,Marnie and I sat home drinking beer and watching a Law & Order marathon.
Saturday Night I went hung out with some old friends,from the days when I bartended.
About 10 years ago, I took a job as a bartender at a very popular catering hall ( You know the one). One of the things I have found to be interesting is how well I have assimilated. And this night was no different. I was again the only black person in the room. Until David showed up 3 hours later,with his new blonde trophy girlfriend.
But as usual, everyone loved me, or so it appeared. Hell when I'm drinking. I love everyone. By the end of the evening ; we had put a healthy dent in the bar's liquor inventory. But now I had to contend with Hans the Horny Dutchman. Who looked like he wanted to do me right there at the table in front of his girlfriend Lisa. Or Tony who couldn't keep his hand off of my leg. His wife Nina sat at another table, that heifer has always been anti-social. Actually she said more to me on this night than she has in the almost 10 years that I have known her. Everyone said that it was because she was drinking. Aha !. So it is alcohol that gives her a personality. We shall see, she said that she is going to New York this year with us for the bartenders convention. We look at the time it is almost Tuesday. One more day closer to Friday. Yeah!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Laila daahling,

    Considering all these heifers in your life, you and I should think about opening up a butchery, no?

    xxx Redsaid.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home